If you have been unlucky enough to be involved in an accident with your car or have managed to damage it in some way; reversing into a wall or a shopping trolley at the supermarket, then we can help with the repairs and also guiding you through insurance paperwork.
We carry out repairs for all major insurance companies and all makes of vehicle. If your vehicle is still mobile we can even assess the damage and provide an estimate while you wait. From accident repair to exterior cosmetic damage, our bodyshop technicians work hard to getting you back on the road as quickly as possible.
Car accident insurance claims
- Firstly you need to speak with your insurance company to notify them of the accident, give them all the details and officially make a claim.
- Your insurance company will send a notification directly to us at Pye (often within 5 minutes).
- We will contact you, usually within 1 hour, to make arrangements to provide an estimate for the work.
- Our Estimator will take a good look at your car noting any damage and taking photographs for the report to your insurance company. An estimate appointment will normally be carried out within 24 hours of receiving notification from the insurers and takes us only 10 minutes to complete.
- We then wait for authorisation from the insurance company to proceed with the repair work, which can take up to 2 days to be received.
- If authorised to go ahead we will order any required parts, which can take around 3 days to arrive, depending on the make and model of your car.
- We then arrange a booking in date with you. From receiving the initial notification from your insurance company we have 7 days to get the car on site.
- We discuss with you collection details, if required, how long the work is likely to take and any courtesy car requirements.
To ensure minimal inconvenience while your car is being repaired, we have 21 courtesy cars available, 3 of which are automatics in addition to 1 small van. The cost of borrowing one of these is all covered through your insurance policy entitlement.
We understand it can be difficult sometimes getting your car to our garage so we can collect from you instead, anywhere in-between Kendal and Garstang, possibly slightly further by prior arrangement.
On site repair
- Once your car is with us we start the work straight away. We have 3 panel beaters and 2 painters so can look after anything from minor cosmetic damage to major repairs. Whether it’s a scuff, dent, stone chip, kerbed wheels or something much more serious, we’ll make sure your car is returned looking as good as new.
- Once all the repairs are complete we then do a full quality check and a customer care valet. We can then either deliver the car back to a convenient location or you can collect. We will also make any arrangements to return the courtesy car to us if necessary.
- Our average repair time is 5 working days, although this will vary depending on the nature of the work required.
We can also help with any custom or restoration projects. We offer a range of refurbishment services from bespoke styling, specialist paint colours or additional parts. We would love to discuss your ideas for customisation and help bring them to life.
Why not contact a member of our Accident Repair Centre and discuss any requirements you have or advice you need.