For your Ford MOT in Morecambe, MOT in Lancaster, MOT in Kendal and MOT in Barrow, make Pye Motors your first choice. Wherever you have your MOT, there is a strong possibility that your car will need some repairs, however minor.
When you have the work done at Pye Motors, we make sure that the work is completed to Ford exacting standards, by Ford-trained technicians, using genuine Ford parts. This ensures your warranty is unaffected and can help maintain your vehicle’s resale value.
You can also expect:
- Competitive prices
- An exact price for the agreed work
- If the work can’t be done on the same day as your MoT, then a prompt and convenient appointment
- A time to collect your car that suits you
- A detailed, written explanation of the invoice and work performed.
Below are listed the components tested during an MOT test (cars only).
- Vehicle Identification Number VIN - a vehicle identification number must be permanently displayed and legible on a vehicle first used on or after 1 August 1980
- Registration plate - condition, security, legibility and format of letters/numbers
- Lights - condition, operation, security and correct colour. The headlamps will also be checked to see if the aim is correct
- Steering and suspension - correct condition and operation
- Wipers and washers - operate to give the driver a clear view of the road
- Windscreen - condition and drivers view of the road
- Horn - correct operation and type
- Seatbelts - all seatbelts installed are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory seatbelts must be in place
- Seats - front seats secure. Front and rear backseats can be secured in the upright position
- Fuel system - no leaks, fuel cap fastens correctly and seals securely. The fuel cap will need to be opened. Make sure the key is available
- Exhaust emissions - vehicle meets the requirement for exhaust emission. These vary on the age and fuel type of the vehicle
- Exhaust system - complete, secure, without serious leaks and silences effectively
- Vehicle structure - free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas. No sharp edges
- Doors - open and close. Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items
- Mirrors - presence, condition and security
- Wheels and tyres - condition, security, tyre size and type, and tread depth. Spare tyres are not tested
- Brakes - condition, operation and performance (efficiency test). Suitable vehicles will be tested on a roller brake tester. Vehicles such as those with permanent 4-wheel drive will be tested either on a suitable road using a properly calibrated and maintained decelerometer or, if one is installed at the test station, a plate brake tester